SIMPLY SOPHISTICATED DESIGN WITH A TASTE OF THE UNEXPECTED.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pillow fight in the workroom

Marny here...a story about a little project that failed.  Hopefully I can share a more successful version soon.


The starting point is fabric from the stash and bits and pieces remaining after the baby quilt blogged here.

Starting out I liked the balanced, but asymmetric direction this was headed.

Just a little of the brown remains.  The idea pops into my head to weight the right side and the lower edge of  unit.

Adding light above and to the left and medium to left and lower.

Plan to trim to size

See what I mean, it didn't work! 


So then I contemplated the addition of dark as a frame.
And then it hit me.  Simple is better.  Hopefully I can show you a cute version next week.
  
Till then...

1 comment:

We really love hearing from you! All comments are being moderated due to inappropriate comments being posted. We will attempt to post your comments in a timely fashion.