SIMPLY SOPHISTICATED DESIGN WITH A TASTE OF THE UNEXPECTED.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Challenges of Spring and Other Adventures

jill here....Okay, there was a little excitement at our house this morning.  When I let the dogs out, I didn't see the two deer in the yard.  Barkley took out at full speed and breeched the invisible fence.  I had to put my clothes on to track him down!  (He leads a very sheltered life here on the hill so I wasn't sure he would come back.)

I found him in a panic on the neighbors driveway!  No, he didn't catch the deer.  He knew he needed to come back home but didn't want the buzz of the collar.  So it took some coercion with his collar off to get him across the line.  AHHHH, the invisible fence, the best invention for dogs since the bone.  He's resting now after clearing his territory. Good thing he can't climb a tree!

So, on to fabric.  Houston Market introduced some great lines of fabric.  One of my favorites is the 
Dear Stella Palladium.  I love the whole collection, particularly the gray and yellow color way.  You might guess what pattern will come together soon.  This will be a mellow version.

Blocks waiting to come together.

Absolutely great textures to compliment the graphics!
An IKAT print...very popular with that
global history connection.

One of my favorites, subtly graphic! 
One of our new patterns involves these Cherrywood Fabrics.  They are soft to the hand; perfect to snuggle under...pieced and quilted of course.
Just can't go wrong with an analogous color scheme!
And then there is just plain fun.  Although sometimes I thought I would go crazy reading those stories again and again!    Celebrate Seuss! by Dr. Seuss Enterprises for Robert Kaufman.
has this wonderful black and white nondirectional background and saturated primary colors.
Oh, to be a kid again.
So hope you stay tooned in as this spring is flying by.  Market will be here before we know it!
'Till next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really love hearing from you! All comments are being moderated due to inappropriate comments being posted. We will attempt to post your comments in a timely fashion.