SIMPLY SOPHISTICATED DESIGN WITH A TASTE OF THE UNEXPECTED.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

AQS Show / Des Moines 2013

 jill here...Last week the American Quilter's Society Quilt Show came to Des Moines.  The event was filled with wonderful quilts and vendors galore.  The exhibition quilting was even more intricate and incredible than ever before.  The MasterPieces; Quilts of Inspiration was just that!   My personal favorite exhibit was COLORPLAY:  Interternational Quilt Challenge.  It was unexpected, unique and absolutely beautiful.  The link explains the connections and the photos show the creativity.












This color combination is one of my favorites!
I believe the same artist maintains the same placement in each of the mosaics.
The texture, created not only with quilting but with value, was really stunning.
Wouldn't this be a great quilt guild challenge?



One more gem.  The black line really grounds the brights .
 The subtle dark border makes a very striking statement.
'till next Tuesday....

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! Love the variety of styles, and the color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Color Play exhibit. It made me want to do a series of 12 x 12 quilts.

    My favorite though was the Silk Road exhibit. (Though I also enjoyed the cows- I love a good pun.)

    ReplyDelete

We really love hearing from you! All comments are being moderated due to inappropriate comments being posted. We will attempt to post your comments in a timely fashion.