Marny here…we are excited to announce we have a throw size quilt project in the Spring 2014 Modern Patchwork issue. We haven't gotten our hands on a copy yet, but they can be ordered or downloaded here. Can't wait to see our copy and share it! We loved the quilt. It uses a set of 10" squares of Carolyn Friedlander's Botanics and additional background.
|Spring 2014 Modern Patchwork|
Yeah!! Presenting a little bundle of the Michael Miller challenge fabric. Emily tied it with baker's string, too cute! Jill and I are both planning on participating.
The entire Petal Pinwheels collection can be see here on the Michael Miller site.
From left to right…
- The gray is the only one not part of Petal Pinwheels. It is part of the Atomic Tabbys line and is called "starjacks" You can see that entire line here.
- The next is "petal garland" on an aqua plaid of fine lines
- Followed by "tile pile" in kind of a melon
- The multicolored "pegs a plenty" is super useful. Use it as a stripe? Run it which way?
- Then a darker solid, "cotton couture" in coral
- And last but not least, "petal pinwheels" itself on a yellow plaid of substantial lines
Don't you just love how they name things?
The pretty little bundle has so much potential. The pressure is on! Hopefully some wonderful idea will take shape and blossom! Get it? Petals, blossom. It is Spring! Smiles all around.