jill here...yes, it's Wednesday. Sometimes I'm a rule breaker!
There's a new baby on our block! I do have a stash of unfinished quilts but when I saw the nursery, I decided to design anew. Some leftover Anthology fabric (that we had used for a Torte baby quilt) seemed perfect ...but had to design judiciously. My recent wallpapering endeavor was my inspiration.
|The recently redecorated bathroom in a taupe/white graphic pattern.|
You know, wallpapering is very similar to quilting. You have to keep the edges straight and plumb. Each strip is similar to a block. Patience is the key and eventually, the room was complete. I took my time over many days (even a week's break) and it didn't go anywhere. I enjoyed the challenge.
|This is a wallpaper close-up with some line analysis.|
The dissection helped decide how to built the block.
|With less than 1/4 yard of many fabrics, the strips were |
cut 1 1/2" or 2" WOF.
They were sewn into 3 different strip sets.
|The strip sets were cut 1 1/2" wide.|
|The completed interior block utilizes an 8 1/2" square of houndstooth background.|
The addition of the strips brings it to 10 1/2".
|The "total" block with connecting lines.|
'Till next Tuesday...