SIMPLY SOPHISTICATED DESIGN WITH A TASTE OF THE UNEXPECTED.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2007 Recipe Notebook

Recipe Notebook,
Easy does It for Friends, Nancy Halvorsen
jill still.....This is one of those projects that can grow; it brings me joy nearly every day!

I asked my friends to bring 6-10 of their favorite recipes in various categories, printed on an 8X10 sheet of paper.  An embellishment was the history of where it came from.  Some friends chose to share more than others.....  We slipped the recipes into plastic sleeves with binder holes and organized them into food groups.

For the notebook cover, I punted.  I chose the Art To Heart applique, and we decided on a title.  "Good recipes are like good friends, tried and true!"  The cover was lined (pillow case method), sandwiched with a layer of craft batting and had sleeves to hold the cover in place.  Upon completion, we all signed our names.  It is a great resource and now I have some family recipes all printed to hand to my kids.  It would be clever of me to do a similar family album for them!

This notebook took more preparation time but it is the gift that keeps on giving.

'till tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really love hearing from you! All comments are being moderated due to inappropriate comments being posted. We will attempt to post your comments in a timely fashion.