Spring is teasing us!
This is one of the focus prints. Isn't it cute? The white background really pops in contrast with the aqua sashing.
I started with a full width of fabric that was only 65" long (the cute little Monaluna bird print). I had to bring it up to size by adding to both the length and width. These two pieces were sewn together and trimmed to 10" x 57" wide.
The chevron print was cut width of fabric (x 2) and joined together lengthwise.
The "chevrons" were sewn to the trimmed width of bird fabric, leaving the selvedge intact on the left side.
Then the back panel was sliced horizontally about 1/3 the way down and 10" piece inserted. Finally, the smaller cut was and flipped and sewn for visual balance.
Once the widths were sewn together, I added 2 WOF chevrons to the side and trimmed the excess to fit.
Here's the second option. Now it's really time to quit. I think I like the first option better but I'll leave the decision for tomorrow.
Hope spring comes your way. 'Till next Tuesday.